Lands of Hanuta were bought by JNF for establishment of a Tower and Stockade settlement. Symbolic stockade as we entered Hanita.
April 1938 first Haganah forces ascend to Upper Hanita and built camp around this stone building. The building was rennovated in 1943, it was used for a cultural center and library.
1966 the new northern building was completed and the Museum was inaugurated.
Ezor Graman came to Hanita as a 5 yr. old.
One of the orginal Kibbutz Hanita houses.
Current Hanita residence using modern mode of transportation through the kibbutz.
The Yehi'am convoy was a Haganah convoy was sent from Haifa during the 1947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine to reinforce and re-supply kibbutz Yehi'am which had been holding out against constant Arab attacks.
Family celebrating with a picnic. Holiday honors the willingness of Ibrahim to sacrifice his son Ishmael as an act of submission to God's command.
Groups in the park celebrating Eid al-Adha, Arab feast of sacrifice.
Burnt armored bus.
Part of the Yechiam Convoy memorial park.
Yechiam convoy memorial.
Muslim boys playing on the burned out armored bus.
Iqrit was a Palestinian Christian village that forcefully depopulated by IDF after the 1948 Arab-Israeli War.
Descendants maintain Saint Mary's Church and the Iqrit cemetery.
Shadia Sbait explains The inhabitants of Iqrit were moved to Rameh and despite promises to be returned within 2 weeks time, the villagers were never allowed to return.
In 1951 the Israeli Supreme Court ruled the former residents should be allowed to return. However the IDF destroyed the village on Christmas Day.
A group of the village's youngsters decided to stay in the village and conduct their lives as regular villagers as an act of opposition to the Israeli government's continued dismissal of the case.
House where young people live in adjacent to Saint Mary's Church.
Entrance sign to the Metzudat Koach Memorial area.
Beginning of Metzudat Koach Memorial.
Metzudat Koach Memorial commemorates 28 Israeli soldiers who died during the 1948 conquest of the strategically important fort.
Close up of Israeli flag at Metzudat Koach Memorial.